Five Reasons to Solarize Your Home Next Year
Environmental protection and reduction of carbon footprint are now buzzwords. You too can also help by reducing your use of and dependence on fossil fuels by turning to solar power. For homeowners, there are many reasons to turn to solar power and lighting. Listed below are ten solid reasons to consider using solar power.
Reasons to Go Solar
- Saves money: Electric costs can be high, especially when used for cooling and heating. Solar will help to greatly reduce electricity bill. This may seem strange since you have to buy the panels and have them installed, but over time, you will see the savings as you pay off for the solar installation and have less electricity payments.
- Protects the environment: Taking care of the environment is important, and one way to help care for it is to use renewable energy. Being clean power, solar energy processes very little if any pollution. This makes it a good way to reduce your carbon footprint.
- No dependence on power companies: If the power goes down, you don’t have to lose electricity since you are using solar. You will also not be at the mercy of power companies when they raise electrify rates since you have your own power source. Increases in oil price will not affect you when it comes to electricity.
- Tax credits and grants: Depending on your state, you may be able to claim tax credit or get a grant to help you solarize your home. The government wants you to play a part in caring for the world we live in and they are paying you to do so.
- Easy to install: Installing solar panels is no longer a difficult task. Many companies now produce solar panels and components that are easy to install and maintain. Best of all, solar panels are becoming more durable so that they can stand up to extreme wind. This means that they will last for years. Some manufacturers give a warranty of up to 25 years.
If you have space, you don’t have to worry about losing energy if your panels are not getting enough sun. Battery backups will ensure that you have enough juice for a few days or more depending on your setup. Unlike a couple of years ago, making your home solar powered is now affordable. This means that the payback period is much shorter.
These days, solar panels do not need a lot of maintenance since there are fewer moving parts. However, periodic inspections throughout the year to clean the panels and remove any debris are a good idea.
Call us, Craft Steel Works, at 800-916-6025 to discuss your steel building needs or to begin the custom order process. We’ve helped many central Florida property owners with the difficult decisions that need to be made during the order process.